Little Traverse Sailors is pleased to offer private lessons to anyone eight years old and above who wants to build their skills in sailing. All of our lessons are taught by our US Sailing Certified / First Aid Certified teaching staff and are tailored to the specific interests of the sailor or sailors involved. Private lessons can include topics such as:
- learning the basics of sailing;
- intermediate sailing & skills building;
- developing helmsmanship skills;
- building confidence in open water;
- mooring and unmooring / docking and undocking;
- learning how to rig and use a spinnaker;
- introduction to racing skills;
- advanced boathandling techniques for racing;
- and more.
In all cases, sailors can choose to have their private lessons in LTS dinghies (420s, Lasers, or Bugs) or an LTS J/70 (a 22′ performance keelboat). Instructors can either sail with the sailors, or coach from one of our powerboats.
- Be able to swim well;
- Wear a Coast Guard approved life jacket at all times on the docks and water; and
- Agree to our Waivers, Terms and Conditions.
Fees and Costs
Dinghy Lessons & Coaching (Using 420s, Lasers or Bugs)
- $80 per hour for up to two students.
Keelboat Lessons & Coaching (Using LTS J/70s)
- $250 for a two-hour lesson with up to four students.
Ready to Learn? Click here to Book a Private Lesson or Coaching Session
[ coming soon ]